An Interstellar War is a conflict in which two or more combatants are from different star systems in the same galaxy. The subject usually is used in a wide variety of Science Fiction novels, stories and films.
Intergalactic War Is a war fought between different galaxies.
Interplanetary War Is a war fought between two planets in the same solar system.
Possibilites of Interstellar WarEdit
Though it's still not viewed as probable by most in the scientific community, some scientist and formemer U.S. military have come forward saying that the closer mankind gets to intering space, the closer the probability that we will get into a conflict with another civilization. Other argue than an Alien Invasion of Earth is more probable since the UFO coverups by more than one government has been going on for over sixty years.
Insterstellar War in FictionEdit
Such wars and conflicts have appeared many times in various works of fiction. Most notable are listed below
- The Alien Invasion of Earth in various versions of H.G. Wells War of the Worlds
- The Various conflicts and wars depicted in Babylon 5
- Earth-Romulan War in Star Trek
- The Galactic Civil War in Star Wars
- Wraith-Atlantian War in Stargate: Atlantis
- Bug War in Starship Troopers
- Cylon Wars in Battlestar Galactica
- Tau'ri-Goa'uld War in Stargate SG-1
- Human-Covenant War in the Haloseries.
- The Clone Wars in Star Wars
- Reptilian Invasion depicted in the TV mini series V.
- Psychlo invasion of Earth in Battlefield Earth
- Human-Zoktura War in the novella Dark Frontier
- Dominion War in Star Trek
- The Alien Invasion in the film Independence Day
- The Ori War in Stargate SG-1
- Human-Drac War in Enemy Mine
- Alliance Wars in Firefly
- The Alien Invasion depicted in The X-Files
- Alien Invasion in the movie Signs.
- Asgard-Replicator War in Stargate SG-1
- Insectoid invasion of Earth in Alien Apocalypse